logoinsert.gif (1964 bytes) left_top_ban.gif (667 bytes) top_ban_pic.gif (319 bytes) right_top_ban.gif (423 bytes)
left_bot_ban.gif (582 bytes) Brakes right_bot_ban.gif (148 bytes) right_bot_ban.gif (145 bytes)
nav_bar_top.gif (287 bytes)
Cooling System
Roll Cage
Frame Mods
Fuel System
Rear End
Other Rangers
nav_bar_top.gif (287 bytes)
nav_bar_bot.gif (2214 bytes)
12.gif (44 bytes)12.gif (44 bytes)  


Brakes - 03.JPG (306458 bytes)Brakes - 18.JPG (176996 bytes)Mill - 08.jpg (186103 bytes)Wilwood.gif (31749 bytes)Brakes - 16.JPG (198354 bytes)

Brakes - 07.jpg (333178 bytes)


I am in the process of 'building' my brake system.  Currently I am using the original

 front disk brakes but I have purchased a Wilwood pro-street rear brake kit.  I've installed

 a Wilwood master cylinder & proportioning valve along with a Hurst line-lock and 

 braided stainless steel line kit.  I have installed the new rear brakes with my own designed and 

fabricated mounting brackets.  The brackets that came with the kit were not designed

 to work with c-clip eliminators.  The cutout in the top of the bracket design to allow installation

 without removing the axles.  Installation of the c-clip eliminators require that the end of the axle

 housing be cut off (the section that extends beyond the flange, and contains the original axle bearing).

The c-clip eliminator assembly must then be sealed to the axle housing  flange to prevent leakage

of rear end oil.  The Wilwood brake mounting flange gets sandwiched between the c-clip

eliminator and the housing flange and thus must be sealed as well.

Pictured is my new CNC mill cutting my brake brackets.